Reading Time: < 1 minutes
College visits are an important step within the college search process. Experiencing campus in-person gives you the opportunity to imagine your life if you attended that school. It’s also a great time to ask questions and interact with current students and admissions staff. Be sure to draft a list of questions for the tour guide at each campus visit. If you’re stumped, take inspiration from the questions below!
- Why did you choose XYZ University?
- What other schools did you consider?
- What makes you most proud to be a student at XYZ University?
- How is the surrounding area?
- What is your biggest piece of advice for a new student at XYZ University?
- Do all first-year students live on-campus?
- Are all first-year students guaranteed housing?
- Can first-year students park on campus?
- What do most students do during the summer?
- What kind of hands-on experiences are built into my major?
- Are study abroad programs offered?
- What kind of on-campus jobs are available? Where do students work near campus?
- Is there tutoring I can access?
- Most popular majors/minors?
- What kind of services does the career center offer?
- Who will my advisor be?
- What kind of campus safety resources exist?
- What is there do on the weekends? Do a lot of students stay on campus on the weekend?
- Best tradition on campus?
- What do you wish you knew about the school before you came as a freshman?
We hope these questions spark inspiration for you, and help you come up with your own. Enjoy your college visits and happy decision making!