Thank you for your interest in the myOptions program! We are excited to work with you and our family of education partners. If you’re one of the tens of thousands of educators who participate annually, thank you and welcome back!
If you are new to myOptions, we encourage you to read through the program highlights below as well as browse more detail in our FAQ section.
What is myOptions?
myOptions, part of a non-profit organization, is the nation’s largest no-cost voluntary college and career planning program. myOptions started with the belief that every student should be encouraged on their journey to college and career success. As a team of former educators and counselors, we’ve been committed to building a path for students to achieve their dreams for over 40 years.
Since then, myOptions has continued to provide valuable tools and resources to millions of students, their parents, and high school faculty and staff nationwide.
Our Partner Organizations
Through our partnerships and your participation we:
Serve more students while meeting them where they are – Enable educators to ignite growth in their students – Help organizations fulfill their mission to help students achieve their college dreams and career goals – Allow partner organizations and teachers to shine a light on students and teachers needs in post secondary planning.
Benefits to Students
Set up a no-cost myOptions account to get customized college matches and scholarship opportunities.
- Build a balanced list and engage with a personalized college and scholarship search using our unique matching algorithm.
- Understand the critical steps in the college planning process.
- Access hundreds of advice articles on important college and career topics.
Benefits to Educators
Set up an account on myOptions Encourage™, a no-cost technology platform for secondary educators to guide students in their post-secondary journeys to college and career success.
- Analyze trends and summary reports on the college and career interests at the student level, school level, and district level.
- Access our renowned Eduventures® Research Library as well as data on national trends.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your myOptions package will arrive at your school at the start of the academic year and contain paper survey forms for students and an “Educator Questionnaire” for educators to complete.
- Once you have scheduled time to share with students, distribute the forms to the students and give them 10-15 minutes to complete. Participation is strictly voluntary.
- Collect and return the completed forms in the postage-paid materials provided in the package.
- To request additional forms, a new package or to receive a link to the online student survey, contact email@example.com.
What happens after my students complete the survey?
Educators will receive a small series of emails inviting you to activate your no-cost myOptions Encourage account to view your reports and connect with students. Once you activate your account you are ready to go!